Every year we hold an exhibition at Forestville Memorial Halls. This year’s exhibition will be held on Saturday and Sunday 2 – 3 March 2019.
Layouts on show this year will include:
- NSRMA’s new H0 layout, Blue Mountains. As well, our Youth Group has been hard at work and on their new HO layout and will also exhibit Kidz Power Railway as a U-drive layout. We will also have on show Bullo Pill our O gauge layout;
- Arbor Bay, Mark Chamberlain’s On30 shunting layout which will be new to Forestville;
- Argyle Iron Works, NSRMA member Chris Fraser’s On30 American narrow gauge layout, again new to Forestville this year;
- Bela, made by Robert Moreton from Brisbane, an OO tram layout based on the restaurant tram from Melbourne, on its first ever showing;
- Bethungra Spiral, from the Main South in H0 by Epping Model Railway Club;
- Blowfly Bend and Schnee, two new layouts from from Daniel Thomson;
- Goulburn, based on the railway station and immediate precinct of the southern NSW town, which is located on the Main Southern railway line, in HO gauge by the Guildford Model Railway Group;
- Inbetween, Ian Williamson’s new HO layout making its first appearance between a couple of places;
- Mungo Scotts makes a return to Forestville this year, exhibited by the Sydney Model Railway Society;
- Roydon, Hills Model Railway Society’s N gauge HO layout featuring long American freight trains;
- Serie Hornby, a display of historic O gauge tinplate made by Hornby in France,
- Somewhere, Graham McMillan’s N scale freelance layout;
- South Creek Road, a 1/35N9 narrow gauge diorama from Kim Marsh;
- The Beach, Keith King’s representation of a NSW coastal village in N scale;
- The Bottoms, a small switching layout on HO gauge depicting “The West Bottoms” area of Kansas City from NMRA member Al Harris;
- The Island of Sodor, will provide fun for all the kids as a U-push layout with Thomas, from Cheree and Morgan Hall; and
- Uley Junction, showing new modelling work undertaken during the year by Charles Rudder who is a member of BRMA , based on Bodmin General, a British O gauge terminus.
Other demonstration stands will include:
- British Railway Modellers of Australia (BRMA) – demonstrating all things British;
- Classic Meccano – members of the Meccano Modellers Assoc. Sydney Inc.
continued the tradition set by the late Malcolm Booker who for many years exhibited at Forestville;
- Warringah Model Engineers – with a variety of engines and model machines .
The following trade stands will be there as well:
- Austrains – HO models for the discerning modeller of Australian railways;
- Casula Hobbies – tools, parts and accessories;
- Eureka Models – NSW ready to run;
- Euro Hobby Trains – a Sydney-based online hobby shop for European model trains and DCC equipment.
- Forest Miniatures – your local model shop for the Northern Beaches;
- IDR Models – a producer of ready to run X200 and soon a 70 class diesel loco as well as polyurethane kits
- Matt’s Ballast – offering ballast of various types;
- The Model Railroad Craftsman – All the hard-to-find bits and pieces, including a range of DCC items;
- Modellers Warehouse – who provide high quality scenic materials, trees,
grass foliage and glues; and
- Southern Rail – featuring an array of new rolling stock and trackside
The club’s Bring and Buy stand will be in operation throughout the show.
As always, we are delighted to be able to support the Riding for the Disabled Association (NSW) Tall Timbers Group who assist with running our entrance desk, raffles and all-important canteen.